Friday, August 1, 2008

THE SCHOOL BAG

The school bag is very sad. School is out. It’s owner is away. It is boring to stay at home for three months.
“There aren’t any books, pencils, pens, or notebooks with me,” the school bag says to itself. “What will I do alone? Who will carry me? I will miss the children at school.”

The school bag is crying now. It is really very bored because it hasn’t got any friends.
The shopping bag hears the school bag’s cry.
“What’s the matter?” the shopping bag asks it. “Why are you crying?”
“I am alone. I am bored. I am useless. I want to do something,” says the school bag.
“Don’y cry, it is only for three months,” the shopping bag says. “Three months later school will start. You will meet your owner, books, notebooks, pencils, pens and crayons. Be patient.”

The school bag stops crying. It looks at the shopping bag carefully. The shopping bag is a very big, green and yellow striped bag. There is a big pocket on one side.
“You can’t understand me,” the school bag says. “You are never alone. You go out everyday.”
“That is not true. I don’t go out everyday. I only go out once or twice a week,”says the shopping bag.

Anyway, the school bag doesn’t want to stay at home alone for the whole holiday. It dreams about a holiday by the seaside.
The school bag is only one year old but the shopping bag is three years old.They decide to spend the holiday together. They make a deal.
The shopping bag is going to tell about everything in the markets. The school bag is going to tell about everything at school.
The school bag is very happy for this deal. And it starts asking questions.

“Are there any pomegranates at the markets?”asks the school bag. “At school the teacher draws it on a board but I can’t see it well under the desk. Ca you tell me about it?”
“Pomegranate is a fruit,” the shopping bag explains. “It has got redish, pinkish skin. There are lot of red, soft, sweet seeds in it.”

“Ah! Really! It must be very tasty. Thank you very much,” the school bag says to the shopping bag.
There is a big smile on the school bag’s face because it is learning new things. It will learn more. Its friend the shopping bag is happy too. Because it is helping others.
The school bag is preparing other questions to ask. There are many questions on its mind, but one question is enough for one day. There are three months ahead.

No comments: